Penetration Testing is a type of security testing used to find flaws in the system. This is done in order to take appropriate security measures
What is Penetration Testing?
Penetration Testing is a type of security testing used to find flaws in the system. This is done in order to take appropriate security measures to protect the data and maintain functionality. A security risk is normally an accidental error that occurs while developing and implementing the software. This can include configuration errors, design errors, and software bugs, etc.
When should Penetration Testing be done?
Pen testing is essential to be performed regularly for securing the functioning of a system. In addition to this, it should be performed whenever −
- A new network infrastructure is added
- Office is relocated
- A new end-user program or policy is set up
- System is updated or new software is installed
- A security system discovers a new threat
How it helps?
Pen testing offers the following benefits-
- Financial Damage Protection-A simple security breach can cause millions of dollars of damage. Pen testing can prevent the organisation from suffering the same.
- Customer Protection– Breach of customer data can damage the reputation of the company and also lead to financial damages. Pen testing ensures customers data remains intact.
- Enhancement of the Management System − It provides qualitative and quantitative examples of current security posture for management. In addition to this, it also categorizes the degree of vulnerabilities and suggests which one is more vulnerable and which one is less. This way executives can manage the security system by allocating the security resources accordingly.
- Avoiding Fines– Pen testing supports compliance with data privacy and security regulations (e.g., PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR).
For a complete peace of mind, use Protectera’s skilled penetration testers to perform an in-depth security assessment of your systems or applications. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org